The Staff Selection Commission will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination for recruitment of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
- Vacancies will be determined in due course.
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Stenographers Grade ‘D’ are in Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of Central Government, including their Attached and Subordinate offices located in various States and Union Territories all over the country.
- Stenographer Grade ‘C’ : 18 to 30 years as on 01-01-2019
- Stenographer Grade ‘D’: 18-27 years as on 01-01-2019
- Permissible relaxation in upper age limit as specified
Educational Qualifications (As on 01.01.2019):
- The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10.6.2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates including 8 technical education degree/ diploma awarded through Open and Distance learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grant Commission.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Intermediate/ Higher Secondary/ 10+2/ Senior Secondary in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-01-2019, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications will require to be produced by the candidates at the time of Document Verification or as and when required by the Commission, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of the Notice of examination
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only)
- Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
- Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM). However, candidates who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment at designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 26-11-2018 provided the challan has been generated by them before 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM).
Scheme of Examination
- (a) The details of computer based examination are mentioned below:
|I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours
(2 hours and 40 minutes
for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe)
(b) Question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice. Questions will be set in Hindi and English except for Part-III.
(c) There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the question.
(d) Marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit.
How to apply:
(a) Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
(b) Last date for submission of online applications is 19-11-2018 (5.00 PM).
Interested candidates can read full notification by clicking on link given below and apply only as per their eligibility
NEVER FORGET TO VISIT ALERT BOOST FOR ALL JOBS INFORMATION