MCQ INDIAN CONSTITUTION PART- 2
1. The members of the Constituent Assembly were
(a) Elected by Provincial Assemblies
(b) Only representatives of the princely states.
(c) Elected directly by people.
(d) Nominated by the government.
Answer: Elected by Provincial Assemblies
2. The Indian Constitution was enforced on
(a) 15th Aug, 1947
(b) 26th Nov, 1949
(c) 26th Jan, 1950
(d) 30th Jan, 1950
Answer: 26th Jan, 1950
3. The Constitution of India was adopted by the
(a) Parliament of India
(b) Constituent Assembly
(c) Governor General
(d) British Parliament
Answer: Constituent Assembly
4. How long did the Constituent Assembly take to finally pass the Constitution?
(a) About 6 months in 1949
(b) About 2 years since Aug 15, 1947
(c) Exactly a year since Nov 26, 1948
(d) About 3 years since Dec 9, 1946
Answer: About 3 years since Dec 9, 1946
5. The office of Governor General of India was created by
(a) Government of India Act, 1935
(b) Charter Act, 1833
(c) Charter Act, 1813
(d) Governor of India Act, 1858
Answer: Charter Act, 1833
6. Who was the Chairman of the Constituent Assembly ?
(a) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(b) C. Rajagopalachari
(c) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
(d) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
Answer: Dr. Rajendra Prasad
7. When did Mr. Attlee, Prime Minister of England, announce the transfer of power to the Indians ?
(a) February, 1947
(b) June, 1949
(c) August, 1947
(d) June, 1948
Answer: June, 1948
8. The Constituent Assembly was created by
(a) Simla Confrence, 1945
(b) Cripps Mission
(c) Indian Independence Act
(d) Cabinet Mission Plan
Answer: Cabinet Mission Plan
9. The Constitution names our country as
(d) India, that is Bharat
Answer: India, that is Bharat
10. The demand for the Constituent Assembly was put forward by the Indian National Congress in 1936 at its session held at
11. A constitution is
(a) A set of ordinary laws
(b) A set of financial laws.
(c) A set of official laws
(d) The basic structure defining the powers of the state and the rights and duties of the citizens.
Answer: The basic structure defining the powers of the state and the rights and duties of the citizens.
12. The Cabinet Mission to India was headed by
(a) Stafford Cripps
(b) Hugh Gaitskell
(c) A.V. Alexander
(d) Lord Pethick Lawrence
Answer: Lord Pethick Lawrence
13. Cripps Mission visited India in
14. Which of the following rights was described by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as The Heart and soul of the Constitution?
(a) Right to Equality
(b) Right to Constitutional Remedies
(c) Right to Freedom of Religion
(d) Right to Property
Answer; Right to Constitutional Remedies
30. Who proposed the Preamble before the Drafting Committee of the Constitution ?
(a) B.R. Ambedkar
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) B.N. Rao
(d) Jawaharlal Nehru
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru