Important MCQ on Indian Constitution
1. Who was the first speaker of the Lok Sabha ?
(a) P. Upendra
(b) Hukam Singh
(c) Anantha Sayanam Ayyanagar
2. The state of Bombay was bifurcated into Maharashtra and Gujarat on May 1, in the year
3. Which of the following is correct regarding the Indian Constitution ?
(a) It is completely based on British Constitution.
(b) It is original
(c) It is made only on the basis of Government of India Act, 1935
(d) It is a mixture of several Constitutions.
Answer: It is a mixture of several Constitutions.
4. Which of the following Union Territories attained statehood in February, 1987 ?
(a) Arunachal Pradesh
(b) Daman and Diu
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
5. The 25th Indian state to achieve statehood is
(c) Arunachal Pradesh
6. Chairman of Constitution Drafting Committee at the time of independence was
(a) Sardar Patel
(b) B.R. Ambedkar
(c) S. Radhakrishnan
(d) J.L. Nehru
Answer: B.R. Ambedkar
7. The demand for a Constitution made by the people of India without outside interference was officially asserted by the National Congress in
8. The Constituent Assembly for undivided India first met on
(a) 6th December, 1946
(b) 3rd June, 1947
(c) 20th February, 1947
(d) 9th December, 1946
Answer: 9th December, 1946
9. When was the Madras state renamed Tamil Nadu ? (
10. In 1938, who among the following definitely formulated his demand for a Constituent Assembly elected on the basis of adult franchise ?
(a) C.R. Das
(b) Subhash Chandra Bose
(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(d) Jawaharlal Nehru
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
11. The first state to become bifurcated after independence was
12. When the Constituent Assembly for the Dominion of India reassembled on 31st October, 1947, its reduced membership was
13. For the philosophy underlying our Constitution, the historic Objectives Resolution was moved in the Constituent Assembly on 22nd January, 1947 by
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
(c) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
(d) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
Answer; Jawaharlal Nehru
14. Which of the following writs is issued by the court in case of illegal detention of a person ?
(a) Quo Warranto
(b) Habeas Corpus
Answer: Habeas Corpus
15. Which of the following cases cannot be filed directly in the Supreme Court ?
(a) Cases against encroachment on Fundamental Rights
(b) Both (a) and (b) above.
(c) If one‘s property is forcefully occupied by the other
(d) Disputes between two or more States
Answer: Disputes between two or more States
MCQ INDIAN CONSTITUTION PART 1
MCQ INDIAN CONSTITUTION PART 2