MCQ of INDIAN CONSTITUTION Part 1
1. The design of the National Flag was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India in
(a) July, 1947
(b) August, 1947
(c) July, 1948
(d) July, 1950
Answer: July, 1947
2. The Constitution of India was enacted by a Constituent Assembly set up
(a) Through a resolution of the provisional government
(b) By the Indian National Congress
(c) Under the Indian Independence Act, 1947
(d) Under the Cabinet Mission Plan, 1946
3. A bill in the imperial Legislative Council for compulsory and free primary education was introduced by
(a) Mohammad Shafi
(b) Feroz Shah Mehta
(c) G.K. Gokhale
(d) Shankaran Nair
Answer: G.K. Gokhale
4. Who among the folowing was the Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Indian Constution
(a) Rajendra Prasad
(b) C. Rajagopalachari
(c) Tej Bahadur Sapru
(d) B.R. Ambedkar
Answer: B.R. Ambedkar
5. The Constituent Assembly which framed the Consitution for Independent India was set up in
6. The Constituent of India was enacted by a Constituent Assembly set up
(a) By the Indian National Congress
(b) Through a resolution of the provisional government
(c) Under the Cabinet Mission Plan, 1946
(d) Under the Indian Independence Act, 1947
Answer: Under the Cabinet Mission Plan, 1946
7. Who among the following was not a member of the Constituent Assembly established in July 1946?
(a) K.M. Munshi
(b) J.B. Kripalani
(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(d) Vallabhbhai Patel
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
8. What is the special Constitutional position of Jammu and Kashmir ?
(a) Indian laws are not applicable.
(b) It is above Indian Constitution.
(c) It is not of the integral parts of Indian Union.
(d) It has its own Constitution
Answer: It has its own Constitution
9. On whose recommendation was the Constituent Assembly formed ?
(a) Cabinet Mission Plan
(b) Govt. of India Act, 1935
(c) Mountbatten Plan
(d) Cripp‘s Mission
Answer: Cabinet Mission Plan
10. Which of the following Acts gave representation to the Indians for the first time in legislation ?
(a) Indian Councils Act, 1919
(b) Govt. of India Act, 1935
(c) Indian Councils Act, 1909
(d) Govt of India Act, 1919
Answer: Govt. of India Act, 1935
11. Which of the following was adopted from the Maurya dynasty in the emblem of Government of India ?
(b) Words Satyameva Jayate
(c) Four lions
(d) Chariot Wheel
Answer: Four lions
12. Who presided over the inaugural meeting of the Constituent Asembly of India ?
(a) Sachchidananda Sinha
(b) P. Upendra
(c) B.R. Ambedkar
(d) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
Answer: Sachchidananda Sinha
13. The idea of the Constitution of India was first of all given by
(a) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Shri M.N. Roy
(d) Mahatma Gandhi
Answer: Shri M.N. Roy
14. The Constitution of India was promulgated on January 26, 1950 because
(a) It was an auspicious day.
(b) This day was being celebrated as the Independence Day since 1929.
(c) It was the wish of the farmers of the Constitution.
(d) The British did not want to leave India earlier than this date
Answer: This day was being celebrated as the Independence Day since 1929.
15. The first session of the Constituent Assembly was held in
(d) New Delhi
Answer: New Delhi